Trip to Stamford as part of English Parishes course
Leaving Riseley 20th March 2013
We arrive at Stamford an hour later in snow!
We walk through the delightful old town of Stamford
and stop for brief talks about local history
|On the steps of the Town Hall with St Mary's Church behind David|
At St Martins without (outside the City wall) we visited the grave of Daniel Lambert - a 52 stone man who died in Stamford in 1809 - more details here
|Alley way behind St Martins Church Stamford|
|Exton Church Rutland|
Leaving Stamford behind, we visited two rural churches in Rutland, finishing in this delightful old church at Teigh with its unusual layout and very unusual pulpit.